At a Glance
NSU Law Center is one of 16 graduate and professional schools of Nova Southeastern University, the largest private independent university in Florida and the eighth largest in the US. The Law Center is approved by the American Bar Association and is a member of the American Association of Law Schools. NSU is located in suburban Fort Lauderdale in close proximity to the federal and state courts, agencies, and legal communities of Fort Lauderdale, Miami, and West Palm Beach in the heart of South Florida's fast-growing Broward, Miami-Dade, and Palm Beach Counties.
- NSU Law Center is consistently above the state average on bar passage and among the highest in Florida. National Jurist magazine places the Law Center in the top 10 for bar pass performance in comparison to entering class statistics.
- U.S. News & World Report ranks NSU's Lawyering Skills and Values Program one of the top legal writing programs in the country.
- NSU Law Center has more than 8,000 alumni in 46 states and 8 countries.
- J.D./M.S. in Computer and Information Science
- J.D./MS. or Ph.D. in Conflict Analysis and Resolution
- J.D./M.U.R.P. in Urban and Regional Planning
- Online Non-Lawyers Graduate Programs:
Certificate Concentration Programs
Within the J.D. Program
- Full-time day and part-time evening programs. The part-time evening program, limited to 60 students, offers classes Monday through Thursday from 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm. The part-time program permits working persons to pursue law study while maintaining full-time employment.
- Dual-degree programs with universities in Barcelona Spain and Rome Italy that enable students to earn degrees in both common law and civil law and lead to licensure in multiple jurisdictions. Study abroad programs in Barcelona Spain, Rome Italy, and Prague Czech Republic offer courses in English that can be applied to the J.D. at NSU Law Center.
- Clinical programs include Children and Families, Alternative Dispute Resolution, Business Practice, Criminal Justice, Environmental and Land Use, Personal Injury, and Veterans Law. The ADR Clinic is designed for part-time evening students who usually cannot avail themselves of clinical programs.
- Mentoring programs connect students with alumni and prominent figures in the community.
- July 2013 (81.8%)
- July 2012 (81.0%)
- July 2011 (87.5%)
- July 2010 (81.0%)
- July 2009 (86.0%)
- July 2008 (86.0%)
- July 2007 (82%)
- Goodwin Scholarship
- PLUS Scholarship
- Dean's Academic Scholarship
- Faculty Academic Scholarship